Tuesday, June 29, 2010
PowerPoint Improv event will bridge tech and comedy communities
Think delivering a presentation is hard? Try delivering someone else's.
DEEP ELLUM UPDATE: Listen to Winston Edmondson's show on CNN 1190 at 1 PM on Wednesday, June 30 for additional details.
One of the highlights of many recent tech conferences has been a game in which attendees (often aided by a bit to drink) deliver presentations based on PowerPoint slides they've never seen before -- it's generally called PowerPoint Karaoke. It's been a particular hit at SXSW.
After our pal Winston Edmondson absolutely killed at IgniteDallas 2, improvising the presentation of a participant who canceled at the last minute, IgniteDallas founder Chris Walters and I started talking about maybe putting on an interim PowerPoint Karaoke event between Ignites.
Tickets are $10, and there are only 60 available, so buy fast. We'll select contestants out of the field of ticketbuyers who apply to speak. A portion of the proceeds will go towards funding future IgniteDallas events.
This video is a smidge old, but it gives you the idea of the game and the atmosphere:
Pegasus News is a proud sponsor of IgniteDallas and PowerPoint Improv.
- Video: The Dram Bar Manager Jasin Burt divulges recipe for Smoking Herb Cocktail
- Erykah Badu headlines free July 26 concert in Dallas -- if you can get in
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reins as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed