Sunday, March 28, 2010
Photo gallery: Dallas Arboretum is in full bloom
Art students documented the arboretum's beauty on Sunday.
EAST DALLAS The Dallas Arboretum is in bloom! On Sunday, Capital One Bank sponsored 14 Dallas ISD art students, including some from Booker T. Washington. These students picked different areas of the arboretum to re-create on a canvas, a very hands-on experience for the art students. Once all the artwork is completed, the pieces will be auctioned off at an evening reception at the arboretum, with all the proceeds going to the Dallas Arboretum and the students' schools.
The arboretum also hosted the Japan American Society of Dallas Fort Worth on Sunday, and the group presented traditional Japanese music and Hanami. It was a great family experience.
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters
- Theater review: Jailbait brings sex with a minor to the spotlight
- Video: Country singer Deryl Dodd burns old bridges in new video for "Loveletters"
- Photos: Blondes win in heated female-on-female football game