Sunday, March 28, 2010
Photo gallery: Dallas Arboretum is in full bloom
Art students documented the arboretum's beauty on Sunday.
EAST DALLAS The Dallas Arboretum is in bloom! On Sunday, Capital One Bank sponsored 14 Dallas ISD art students, including some from Booker T. Washington. These students picked different areas of the arboretum to re-create on a canvas, a very hands-on experience for the art students. Once all the artwork is completed, the pieces will be auctioned off at an evening reception at the arboretum, with all the proceeds going to the Dallas Arboretum and the students' schools.
The arboretum also hosted the Japan American Society of Dallas Fort Worth on Sunday, and the group presented traditional Japanese music and Hanami. It was a great family experience.
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend
- Check out the Dallas Arboretum's spring flowers for just $5
- Theater review: Come on into Echo Room, the temporary club in Bath House Cultural Center
- "Underground House" in East Dallas reduced to $870,000