Monday, November 1, 2010
Photo gallery: Art in October closing celebration in Dallas’ Arts District (October 31)
A street festival took over the Arts District in Dallas, with much success.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS After 31 days of "Art in October," lots of Dallas Arts District museums hosted a final tribute to the month-long arts celebration.
Activities included an Arts District Better Block, complete with a piano for kids to play and food trucks selling goodies; trick-or-treating at the Crow Collection; face painting at the Dallas Museum of Art; and kids' activities at the Nasher. We got a kick out of some of the costumed people traipsing around downtown, too.
See more stories in:
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million