Friday, November 5, 2010
Chef Matt McCallister to leave Stephan Pyles Restaurant in Dallas
Spending more time with his family.
DALLAS Chef Matt McAllister is leaving Stephan Pyles Restaurant, confirms Stephan Pyles.
"Matt will be leaving Stephan Pyles after 4 ½ years to spend more time with his family and also take the opportunity to 'stage' in a number of well-known restaurants including The French Laundry," Pyles said. "It’s been an incredible experience watching Matt’s growth over the years and I predict he will become a star in his own right."
Pyles sees a silver lining.
"The good news for me is that it’s an employer’s market right now and I am already in conversation with some top-notch chefs to replace him," he said. "Also I have quite a bit of depth on the staff now to promote from within."
As for McCallister, he said he's excited about the opportunity to work at French Laundry. "It took me about 12 emails back and forth to make it happen," he said.
He also said he'd like to eventually open up his own place, and he'd like to do it in Dallas -- "but that's probably not gonna happen for another couple years," he said.
He expects that Fuego, the chef's table, will continue.
"Stephan and I are on great terms, I'm still going to help with that, maybe step back in the kitchen, but it will still go on."
See more stories in:
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas