Thursday, November 18, 2010
FM 544 in Murphy closed Saturday and Sunday for railroad crossing construction
It will reopen at 10 p.m. Sunday.
MURPHY Weather permitting, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) will temporarily close FM 544 at the KCS Railroad Crossing located approximately 900 feet east of the intersection of FM 544 and Heritage Parkway. The closure is scheduled to begin Saturday, November 20 at 5 a.m. and remain closed until Sunday, November 21 at 10 p.m.
During the closure KCS Railroad crews will construct the new crossing for FM 544. The closure is necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public, as well as contractor crews and TxDOT inspectors.
TxDOT asks motorists to drive carefully through the work zone, and will place message boards to notify the public of the scheduled closure. Motorists traveling on FM 544 during the closure will be detoured as follows:
- Westbound FM 544: North on FM 2551 to Betsy Lane. West on Betsy Lane to Heritage Pkwy. South on Heritage Pkwy to FM 544.
- Eastbound FM 544: North on Heritage Pkwy to Betsy Lane. East on Betsy Lane to FM 2551. South on FM 2551 to FM 544.
- Four-story screen at Wylie's new movie theater ranks among largest in nation
- Investigation finds Hunt Elementary coach emailed student three years prior to arrest
- Southfork's "Ewing Sunset Dinner" lets you love like J.R. and Sue Ellen
- Zig Ziglar's memorial service on Saturday will be streamed live online
- Plano ISD hosts more parent meetings in response to Hunt Elementary sexual assault