Monday, October 4, 2010
Il Cane Rosso Pizzeria to set up permanent location in Deep Ellum
Pizza aficionados can now find him at a predictable spot.
DALLAS Il Cane Rosso, the authentic Neapolitan-style pizzeria beloved by Dallas foodies all over, has found its permanent space: at 2612 Commerce Avenue in Deep Ellum.
Owner Jay Jerrier was unavailable for comment, but the location has a tell-tale TABC sign in the window with "Il Cane Rosso" clearly marked.
2612 Commerce has been a good location without a proper tenant for years, home to such memorable bars as Texas Tea House and Gridlock. For many years, it was the location of revered blues bar Blue Cat Blues.
Jerrier's operation has been mobile for the past year, forcing foodies to track down his truck at various locations. He's currently set up on Thursday nights at the Green Spot in East Dallas and on Tuesday nights at Times Ten Cellars in Fort Worth.
See more stories in:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July