Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Next Food Network Star alumna Lisa Garza launches catering company
On October 7 at South Side on Lamar.
DALLAS Local Lisa Garza, recognized by many for her appearance on The Next Food Network Star in 2008, has had a presence in the Dallas culinary scene since the late '90s when she helped put neighborhood jewel Suze on the map. No stranger to stardom and success, Garza has recently focused on putting her creative energy into developing a new concept, Lisa Garza Taste Studio, a project that will showcase Garza's fine arts, fashion, and culinary talents.
Launching on October 7, Lisa Garza Taste Studio is comprised of luxury catering in a new studio and will focus on providing everything from event planning services, a venue for intimate occasions, to full-service fashion and food productions for off-site catering. Housed in South Side on Lamar, the Taste studio is strategically placed in downtown Dallas, a nod to both the reinvention of Dallas and Garza's reinvention of herself. She sees the creation and launch of her new space as the perfect evolution of her culinary and fashion design careers.
Source: Lisa Garza Taste Studio
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million