Thursday, October 21, 2010
Photo gallery: Take a tour of Fort Worth’s Designer Showcase 2010
The Fran & Eddie Chiles Estate opens its doors to benefit Historic Fort Worth, Inc.
This year's Designer Showcase is Fort Worth's Fran and Eddie Chiles Estate located in the Westover Hills neighborhood. The 12,000 square foot estate was built in 1966 by the late architect and professor Quincy Jones. Each room was newly remodeled by more than 15 local interior designers, while staying true to the aesthetic of the time period it was built in -- with a 21 century twist.
The showcase is open to the public until Sunday, October 24, and proceeds will go towards Thistle Hill, the McFarland House, and other community projects held by Historic Fort Worth, Inc.
Local designers who participated in the remodeling include:
• Bruce F. Berger, ASLA of Armstrong-Berger Landscape Architects
• Joseph Minton, RID, ASID, TAID and Paula Lowes, RID, TAID of Joseph Minton, Inc.
• John Bobbitt of Bobbitt & Company.
• Justin M. Seitz of Johnson-Seitz LTD
• Mary Kay Winchell of Kim and Kay's Painting and Remodeling
• Danny Lee, ASID of Studio 7
• Leigh Taylor, Allied Member ASID of Leigh Taylor Interiors
• Brad Alford, ASID and Tyler Cobb of G. Bradley Alford and Associates
• Tad Watts of Domain XCIV/DH Collection
• Paula Brown
• Nancy Courtney
• Steven Mayfield
• Tamra Novak of A Touch of Vintage
• Lisa Richards Arbogast of Herringbone Home
• Cathy Kincaid of Cathy Kincaid Interiors
• Deborah Reed, Professional Member, ASID of Deborah Reed Interior Design
• Joe Don Conver, ASID of Joe Don Conger Interiors
See more stories in:
- Art review: Elvis at 21 delves into the puzzling nature of sex appeal, charisma, and intimacy
- Restaurant review: Food at Campisi's in Fort Worth tastes like the original
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Explore the irony of human nature in Picnic at Sanders Theatre
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition extended to April 28 in Fort Worth