Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Dallas band Revengeance to open for KISS on September 18
Revengeance is one of 22 unsigned bands that will open for KISS on their tour.
Continuing its ongoing support of aspiring artists, Guitar Center and rock 'n' roll icons KISS today announced that Dallas’ own Revengeance will open for KISS at its Pizza Hut Park show in Frisco on September 18.
After sifting through thousands of entries, Revengeance was hand-picked by KISS and Guitar Center as the Pizza Hut Park winner of revolutionary music program Guitar Center On-Stage, a competition that provides 22 unsigned bands and artists from across the country the career-altering opportunity to perform at a show on KISS’ North American tour, The Hottest Show on Earth. At the conclusion of the tour, KISS will choose the best of the 22 bands to receive the grand prize that includes a $10,000 Guitar Center shopping spree.
"From AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, and Bon Jovi all the way to Tom Petty and John Cougar Mellencamp, we have a history and legacy of giving great bands the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to scale the heights to worldwide acclaim. Why shouldn’t the next great band come from this nationwide competition?” said KISS. “By teaming up with Guitar Center, we’re going to show our fans some seriously talented rock bands that could never get an opportunity like this. This is the chance to show the world just what you’re made of and see if you can make The Hottest Show on Earth just a little bit hotter.”
Revengeance is a four-piece hard rock group from Dallas with members ranging from 18-21 years old. They include members Taylor Dennis (lead vocals/lead guitar), Travis Winsett (lead guitar/vocals), Nick Klinger (bass/vocals), and Vinnie Parma (drums/vocals). They have garnered much respect locally and nationally and have played more than 200 shows in the past three years alone. They strive to put on a stage show that sets them apart from their peers, as well as having an attitude and appearance that is uncompromising and ferocious. Their sound is full of everything that made the '80s memorable, including soaring lead guitars, huge vocal harmonies, as well as the catchiness and polished production like that of the modern rock scene.
Revengeance has released two full-length albums, two EP's, a DVD, and are currently working on their first music video. Also, they just finished a three-song EP at the legendary Sonic Ranch Studio in El Paso with a world-renowned crew of producers and engineers. Revegeance has opened for the likes of Lynch Mob, Y&T, MSG, LA Guns, and Faster Pussycat and has played at the two biggest metal festivals in the USA in 2008 - (Rocklahoma) and (Rock The Bayou).
Other Guitar Center On-Stage winners include:
- Candelight Red – July 29 @ First Niagara Pavilion, Pittsburgh, PA
- Superunknown – July 30 @ Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH
- The Feens – July 31 @ Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey, PA
- Octane – August 6 @ Susquehanna Bank Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Switchblade Suicide – August 7 @ Comcast Center, Boston, MA
- DoDrive – August 13 @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, Buffalo, NY
- Light the Black Skye – August 14 @ Nikon at Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY
- The SilenTreatment – August 15 @ Toyota Pavilion, Scranton, PA
- Tester – August 19 @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
- The Dirty Pearls – August 20 @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
- Dean Cramer’s So Low – August 21 @ Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA
- Seven Ten Oil – August 27th @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (Virginia Beach)
- Airiel Down – August 29th @ Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
Source: Guitar Center
See more stories in:
- Photos: Fancy Sunday Night Football bus kicks off the season in Frisco
- FC Dallas partners with Plano Symphony Orchestra to bring family-friendly fun to Frisco
- Frisco High School adds auditorium and gym courts in $20 million renovation
- Theater review: Follow two unemployed musicians through a web of lies in Love, Sex, and the I.R.S.
- Underwater petting zoo comes to Frisco August 7