Thursday, September 30, 2010
Video: Dallas officials dedicate Annette Strauss Square at AT&T Performing Arts Center
Named in honor of the late former mayor of Dallas and Arts District champion.
DALLAS About 200 Dallas city officials, media figures, and members of the Strauss family turned out at the AT&T Performing Arts Center on Thursday to dedicate and cut the ribbon of the Annette Strauss Square.
Annette Strauss Square is the center’s outdoor venue named in honor of Annette Strauss, the late former mayor of Dallas and champion of the Dallas Arts District.
Speakers included Mayor Tom Leppert; Dr. R. Gerald Turner, president, Southern Methodist University; and Ted Strauss. There were also performances by Division of Dance Class of 2014, Meadows School of the Arts; vocalists John Campione and Laura Smolik; and 13-year-old pianist Lewis J. Warren.
Annette Strauss Artist Square Dedication
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger