Tuesday, April 19, 2011 , Updated 7:24 p.m., June 28, 2011
UPDATEDx7: Terrance Black, suspect in Gleneagles fitness instructor’s murder, arrives in Texas
Susan Loper was found dead in April.
PLANO The Plano police say that they're currently searching for a missing female named Susan Loper, 40, who is a fitness instructor at Gleneagles Country Club. Officers responded to a missing person incident at the country club on Tuesday and learned that Loper had missed fitness appointments.
According to a press release, detectives suspect that foul play may have occurred.
Loper is from Frisco. Police believe her white 2010 Toyota Rav4 (license plate BR4-C986) might have been involved.
The police ask you to call the Plano Police Department Tip Line at 972-941-2148 or the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 877-373-8477 if you have information.
UPDATE: Police say Loper's vehicle was found at Preston Road and the Dallas North Tollway, and they believe the case was an aggravated kidnapping. The investigation is ongoing.
UPDATE x2: A woman's body was found near John Hickman and Dallas Parkway in a wooded area. Police are not saying yet if the body is Loper's.
UPDATE x3: Police have identified the woman's body as Loper's. She was found in a wooded area near the Dallas North Tollway in Collin County.
UPDATE x4: Police are seeking information about Loper's vehicle and about a 2004 black Cadillac Escalade. They are handing out a flier near 2525 Preston Road in Plano (and it's posted at the bottom of this email). If you have information, call the police at 972-941-2148.
UPDATE x5: According to the Associated Press, Terrance Deering Black, 48, from Frisco, was arrested in Flagstaff, Arizona after jumping over the edge of the Grand Canyon. Black was driving the black Escalade pictured below and is a former boyfriend of Loper. Earlier on Friday, Plano Police had issued an arrest warrant for Black for capital murder.
Police are now working to extradite Black back to Plano. Police don't know Black's medical condition right now.
UPDATE x6: Black has been released from the Arizona hospital, according to NBCDFW. (Which means, for those of you wondering, that his injuries must've been only so bad to keep him in the hospital for less than a week.) He is being held in county jail in Flagstaff, Ariz., and we do not have information about a potential extradition hearing yet.
UPDATE x7: NBCDFW reports that Black has officially made it back to Texas through extradition. He faces capital murder charges against Loper. Black was booked into the Collin County jail at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Source: Plano Police Department
- Convicted murderer Terrance Black appeals life sentence
- Jury: Terrance Black guilty of murder of Susan Loper
- Terrence Black trial: Murdered woman's boyfriend was in Burleson the morning Susan Loper's body was found in Frisco
- Murder suspect Terrance Black's iPhone contained calendar entry for "D-Day"
- Police found "large amount of blood" near Pilates studio where Susan Loper took class
- Restaurant review: Kenny's Smoke House takes a refined approach to barbecue
- DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy
- Theater review: A Little Night Music captivates audiences with the subtly of human emotion
- Society of Women Who Love Shoes uses fashion to spread positive message about domestic abuse
- Cedars Woodfire Grill makes fueling up fast and tasty