Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Matt’s Rancho Martinez to open branch in Allen
It'll be their fourth branch, going into the old Trinity Hall space.
This marks the fourth branch of Matt's Rancho Martinez, says owner Matt Martinez III.
"We were looking at opening something up north, and our [Garland] landlord had an opportunity," Martinez says.
Like the outlets in Cedar Hill and Garland, this new Allen location will have about 6,000 square feet. The Lakewood location is the largest, with 10,000 square feet, but that's the one that they'll be vacating in February, when the space gets taken over by Mi Cocina.
The Allen opening is slated for mid-September, Martinez says, just as they're about to revamp their menu.
"Every couple of years, we like to add in some old favorites," he says. "We have a large repertoire we've accumulated since the early 1920s. There'll be quite a few new items when we open."
The Trinity Hall space came with furniture and equipment, but Martinez said it was hard for them to recycle.
"It looked like a pub, and that doesn't work for our Tex-Mex concepts," he says. "It was very dark, so we lightened it up."
Meanwhile, he's still working on pinning down another location around Lakewood. "We'd like to re-open in the same area," he said.
Alex Bentley contributed to this story.
- Restaurant review: La Duni desserts are the highlight of the meal
- SNL threesome Dana Carvey, Kevin Nealon, and Dennis Miller to joke around in Allen
- Restaurant review: Frogg Coffee Bar & Creperie brings a savory slice of France to North Texas
- Allen breaks ground on Hillside Park, a new outdoor exercise facility
- Allen Community Outreach food pantry will offer healthier options