Friday, December 2, 2011 , Updated 1:17 a.m., December 14, 2011
UPDATED: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives stopped at seven restaurants in Dallas
The full list is below.
DALLAS At least three divey restaurants around Dallas will be filmed next week for Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, according to several restaurant insiders who were sworn to secrecy. [UPDATE: Scroll down for the final list.]
The list of places being bandied about as possible candidates include:
- Bavarian Grill in Plano
- a pizza place in Deep Ellum
- Pecan Lodge
- Maple & Motor
- Al Amir (or is it Ali Baba? one of those)
- a taco shop in East Dallas
According to various employees who were threatened by Food Network with death by firing squad if they talked, some or all of those places have been asked to appear on the show, and at least three will be taped next week.
A producer for the show contacted local food media including # and the Observer guy, who brags that he recommended Maple & Motor. M&M's latest Facebook update says: "We will be closed for lunch Dec 8. I'll tell you why later." and the commenters immediately ask about Guy Fieri. Someone at M&M has loose lips.
Neither Guy Fieri nor his Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives is a stranger to these parts. They've done segments on Chef Point Cafe in Watauga, and on Twisted Root in Deep Ellum, and on Avila's Mexican, and on Jamaica Gates in Arlington, and on Fred's Texas Cafe in Fort Worth.
Fieri the man himself was here in November to participate in The Asphalt Chef competition at Texas Motor Speedway with chefs Mario Batali and Tim Love.
UPDATE: The final tally of restaurants that were filmed is as follows:
See more stories in:
- Diners, Drive-ins & Dives visit to Afrah Grill in Richardson aired on Monday
- Diners Drive-ins & Dives loved Pecan Lodge barbecue at Dallas Farmers Market
- Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum gets its turn on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives
- Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives hits Chop House Burgers in Arlington
- Maple & Motor Burgers gets its 15 minutes on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives