Monday, December 5, 2011
Plano woman injured in airport accident
Lauren Scruggs had her hand amputated by a propeller.
A 23-year-old Plano woman was severely injured Sunday by the propeller of a small aircraft at McKinney's Aero Country Airport in west McKinney.
Shortly after landing, Lauren Scruggs walked into the propeller of the small aircraft she had been riding in and was struck by the propeller in the upper body. Scruggs was taken to a local hospital where she is in stable condition.
According to Scruggs' Caring Bridge page, her left hand was amputated and she also underwent reconstructive surgery on her face and shoulder.
The Federal Aviation Administration is currently investigating the accident. FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford said the investigator is still trying to determine what occurred, including whether the plane was moving at the time of the incident.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Coffee Squared in McKinney adds sweetener with new bakery counter
- Graffiti shut down McKinney's new skate park
- McKinney's new skate park wins over residents in first week open
- Photos: McKinney residents put new skate park to good use at grand opening
- McKinney Skate Park celebrates grand opening April 20