Sunday, December 11, 2011
Photos: A Brand Spankin’ New Greenville Avenue block party (December 10)
Businesses and attendees celebrated the improved street and sidewalk on Greenville Avenue.
Turnout was light for A Brand Spankin’ New Greenville Block Party on Saturday, when a string of businesses joined together to celebrate the new-and-improved Lower Greenville Avenue.
Bars and restaurants created impromptu patios to take advantage of the wider streets, and attendees enjoyed the new pedestrian zones, landscaping, and free parking.
Organized by Kim Finch, owner of Single Wide, and Ricardo Avila, owner of Mextopia, the event was observed by Good Records, Libertine, Greenville Ave Pizza, Crown & Harp, Billiard Bar, Zubar, and Old Crow.
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair