Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and Winspear Opera House get shout-outs from Travel + Leisure
Check 'em out in 2012 if you haven't already.
Just this morning, we listed our top tourist destinations in Dallas-Fort Worth for 2012. Trendsetters that we are, it seems Travel + Leisure ran with our idea and debuted a similar list of cool landmarks, theirs internationally. (Or perhaps they came up with the idea at the same time as us.)
Among the Most Visited Landmarks, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth was ranked No. 32 and the Winspear Opera House in Dallas was put at No. 36. The popular venues got even more special treatment: the Modern Art Museum is listed as the No. 2 Top New Museum, and the Winspear was given the designation of No. 5 Top Arena and Performance Venue.
By Flickr user carlamarieweir
T+L's list was compiled via a reader survey, and the accompanying story can be found online or in the January 2012 magazine.
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million