Friday, February 4, 2011
Photo gallery: Kid Rock, Duran Duran, and Jason Derulo at Verizon Theatre (February 3)
Audiences got to be in several music videos.
GRAND PRAIRIE Thursday's show at Verizon Theatre was one of several high-profile concerts featuring a relatively random smattering of bands with huge crowd appeal. Attendees were subjected to less of a concert and more of a live TV audience viewing, as the Jason Derulo, Duran Duran, and Kid Rock show was taped live for VH1.
The audience was instructed to "raise their hands and scream," for certain sections of the show, leaving patrons feeling more like props than participants in a live concert -- but as the night wore on, the atmosphere got more relaxed.
Kid Rock certainly gave crowds their money's worth, plus, Jamey Johnson joined him for a duet on "Only God Knows Why."
Pegasus News Content partner - Justin Press: Dallas Rock Music Examiner
- Backstreet's back: See the boy band at Verizon Theatre August 30
- Video: Insider tips for partying at the Byron Nelson Pavilion
- Barenaked Ladies, Ben Folds Five, and Guster serve up slice of nostalgia June 17
- Concert review: Diana Krall at Verizon Theatre goes retro, but with a fresh touch
- Mike Nesmith rejoins the Monkees at Verizon Theatre August 2