Thursday, February 17, 2011
Photos: Pegasus News readers buck around at South Side Music Hall
Four Texas country bands cooked up some down-home tunes.
DALLAS Our free concert at South Side Music Hall last night brought out the bull rider in us all. The show featured The Marfalites, SouthBound Lane, Emory Quinn, and The Chris Rivers Band. Just as we'd hoped, lots of attendees have already downloaded new music from the country bands they heard last night. And boot scootin', beer drinkin' music it was.
We were there to ramp up for the Dickies Iron Cowboy Invitational on Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium, an event that, yes, features the best bull-riders in the world. Not too shabby either is the Toby Keith concert that kicks off the evening. More than a dozen people walked away with free tickets to the bull-riding event, plus tickets to the Dallas Mavericks, Stars, opera, and more.
Not surprising, PegNews readers went whole hog at the photo booth -- an exercise that got more fun as the evening went on. Here are a few favorites:
And we finished out the night with a bull-riding contest, as only good bull-riders would. We crowned the "best ride," "best fall," and then gave away a VIP prize to the Iron Cowboy Invitational. "Amusing" doesn't begin to describe the bull-riders on Wednesday night.
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million