Thursday, February 24, 2011
Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Talking Trades on Twitter
Like mortgaging your franchise 140 characters at a time? Then this Niskanen's for you, brah.
Good morning, hockey fans! Last week we delved deeply into the Stars' woes, and came to the shocking revelation (SPOILER ALERT) that the Stars are currently not very good at playing the hockey. Since then, GM Joe has orchestrated a pretty phenomenal trade that should impact both teams for decades to come. Many Stars fans were surprised that we dumped Neal; far more fans were desperately trying to find the nearest champagne bottle and fireworks to celebrate dumping Niskanen. But what were the behind-the-scenes intrigue that led to this blockbuster trade? Fortunately, thanks to the brand-spanking new technologies of the daguerrerotype and the portable ENIAC, I was able to stumble on the major players' top-secret Twitter accounts, and pieced together this deft piece of legit investigative sports journalism.
See more stories in:
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - The Five Worst Dallas Stars of All Time
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Sunshine-Pumpin' Rainbow Time for the Dallas Stars
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - A Look Back at 2011, the Year That Benn Wrought
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Sid's Pentastic Voyage
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - The 2010-11 Dallas Stars Final Report Card