Friday, January 28, 2011
Special beer events coming up during Super Bowl week
It's as good a week as any to enjoy some excellent craft beers.
With Super Bowl coming up, some local beer brewers and purveyors are holding special events and tappings. If you're looking for a delicious pint of craft beer next week, here are some ideas:
Rahr and Sons
- Rahr and Sons in Fort Worth typically host their tours and tastings on Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons. But next week, the brewery will host two tours and tastings every day, starting at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Also, the exceptionally delicious and elusive Rahr Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer can still be found on draft at several bars: Eno's in Bishop Arts, Lucky Lou's in Denton, and Last Chance Saloon in downtown Plano.
2 Bars, 1 Stone
The Common Table and Vickery Park will collaborate from Tuesday through Friday in a joint promotion called "2 Bars, 1 Stone." Each bar will take turns tapping special-release Stone kegs on alternating days.
- On Tuesday, the Common Table will kick off the tappings with a massive bang, starting with Lukcy 13asartd (Lucky Bastard). This limited-production beer commemorates Stone's 13th anniversary of unleashing their aggressive Arrogant Bastard series.
- On Wednesday, Vickery Park continues the series with Vertical Epic 10.10.10. According to the label, this is an ale "brewed with Muscat, Gewurztraminer, and Sauvignon Blanc grapes and chamomile."
- On Thursday, it's back to Common Table for the 2009 vintage of Stone's highly acclaimed Imperial Russian Stout, which has evolving flavors as it ages.
On Friday, 2 bars, 1 Stone concludes at Vickery Park with Old Guardian Barleywine, specifically the 2007 vintage.
Meddlesome Moth will have a three-day series of daily tappings:
- Wednesday, they'll tap Stone Old Guardian Vintage 2010.
- Thursday is the day that The Moth typically taps a rare keg; next week doesn't disappoint, with Live Oak's Old Tree Hugger Barleywine. This beer has tremendous depth and flavor that masks its 12% abv quite well.
- Friday they'll wrap up with the viscous Oskar Blues Ten Fidy imperial stout.
Pegasus News Content partner - Made with Air