Friday, July 8, 2011
Former Park restaurant to become Swig, opening in September
And Bar Celine is now The Gin Mill.
"There'll be a good menu, but it will be more casual than Park," said manager Julie Moore. "[Owner] Peter [Kenny] has already started to put together a menu, I know I saw some flat-breads on it, and we'll switch it out. But we don't want it to be quite so dining-driven -- it'll be more simple, but good."
Kenny, who also owns the neighboring Capitol Pub, took over the space from former owner Donald Chick, who closed the restaurant in mid-June after a two-year run. Former Park chef Marc Cassel is opening a new place this summer called Peavy Road.
Meanwhile, the space behind Park that was once Bar Celine will be called The Gin Mill.
"We're still open there on Friday and Saturday nights, and for now I still answer the phone 'Bar Celine' so that it doesn't confuse customers, but it's The Gin Mill -- we're about to put a sign up," Moore said.
Changing the sign is about all they'll do to Bar Celine, but Moore said that the Park space is undergoing a bit of renovation to make it "more practical."
"And we're definitely going to have brunch, that's been a huge thing at Capitol Pub, and so we'll do it here, too," she said.
- Concert review: Meyerson transformed into Bourbon Street with Preservation Hall Band's Christmas show
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park