Monday, July 11, 2011
Dallas Museum of Art receives $85,000 grant for digital archiving
When finished in 2012, the project will give access to 10 years of DMA exhibitions online.
The Dallas Museum of Art received an $85,000 grant on Monday from the National Endowment for the Arts. A press release calls this grant the "fourth prestigious award" from the endowment since 2007; it will go toward the Access to Archival Exhibition Resources Online (AAERO) project, to be completed in 2012. This system will give Internet users access to 10 years of DMA exhibition documentation.According to a press release, AAERO will also:
The digital archivist at the museum explains the impact of the AAERO project:
Source: Dallas Museum of Art
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas