Thursday, July 14, 2011
New Dallas ISD hours begin on first day of school, August 22
Here's your cheat sheet.
School at Dallas ISD begins Monday, August 22, and students will have new start and end times for their school day.
- Full-day prekindergarten: 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Half-day prekindergarten: 8:15 a.m. to 11:15 p.m. and 12:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Elementary schools: 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Middle schools: 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- High schools: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vanguards (grades 4-6): 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Academies: 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Montessori schools -- includes George Bannerman Dealey Montessori and Harry Stone Montessori: 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Magnet high schools -- includes Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School, Skyline Career Development, and Townview: 9:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Source: Dallas ISD
- UPDATED: Live music events in Dallas-Fort Worth, August 18-20
- Dallas ISD reminds parents how to beat the heat this summer
- Concert review: Ke$ha and LMFAO at Gexa Energy Pavilion (August 4)
- Dallas ISD offers hotline for back-to-school questions
- Dallas ISD students required to get vaccines before first day of school