Wednesday, July 20, 2011
New Top Chef Just Desserts includes pastry chef from Stephan Pyles in Dallas
Lina Biancamano resides in Fort Worth.
The new season of Top Chef Just Desserts has a Dallas-Fort Worth chef we can root for every week: Stephan Pyles pastry chef Lina Biancamano.
The premiere is August 24 and includes 14 pastry chefs from around the country. In addition to Biancamano, there are two other Texas-residing chefs: Rebecca Masson and Vanarin Kuch, both of Houston.
Celebrity judges include Beastie Boys' Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz; the cast of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, oh that's clever; Francois Payard; and Cat Cora.
Challenges include: fairytale showpieces, edible room décor, "high-class gingerbread houses," and "carnival delights." Oh dear.
To see the trailer video, go here.
Following are the 14 new Top Chef Just Desserts cheftestants:
- Amanda Rockman, 29 - Hometown: Katy, Texas - Resides in Chicago, Ill.
- Carlos Enriquez, 33 - Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif. -Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Chris Hanmer, 33 - Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif. - Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Craig Poirier, 25 - Hometown: Derry, N.H. - Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Katzie Guy-Hamilton, 24 - Hometown: Worcester, Mass. - Resides in New York, N.Y.
- Lina Biancamano, 37 - Hometown: Phoenix, Ariz. - Resides in Fort Worth, Texas
- Matthew Petersen, 32 - Hometown: Dublin, Pa. - Resides in Arlington, Va.
- Megan Ketover, 31 - Hometown/ Resides In: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Melissa Camacho, 30 - Hometown: Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Resides in New York , N.Y.
- Nelson Paz, 33 - Hometown: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Resides in Boston, Mass.
- Orlando Santos, 32 - Hometown: St. Croix, US Virgin Islands - Resides in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Rebecca Masson, 39 - Hometown: Laramie, Wyo. -Resides in Houston, Texas
- Sally Camacho, 31 - Hometown/ Resides In: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Vanarin Kuch, 26 - Hometown/ Resides In: Houston, Texas
According to Biancamano's "Bio" page on Bravotv.com, she got her A.O.S. in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu, and her "favorite simple summer recipe" is Fresh berry tart with creme chiboust. Chiboust, you say?
Here's more stuff:
A staffer at Stephan Pyles said that she's been the executive pastry chef there for about
a four months.
See more stories in:
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre