Sunday, July 31, 2011
Former TCU quarterback Andy Dalton signs four year, $5.2 million contract with Cincinnati Bengals
Dalton will compete with Jordan Palmer and Bruce Gradkowski for the starting job.
Former TCU quarterback Andy Dalton has reportedly signed a four-year, $5.2 million contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. He will be at practice for training camp today.
Carson Palmer, who started for the Bengals for seven years, was placed on a reserve list for players who didn't show up for camp.
TCU's all-time wins leader was selected in the second round of the NFL draft this year.
In comparison, last year's 35th overall pick, defensive tackle Brian Price of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, signed a four-year, $5.3 million contract.
The Katy native broke many TCU and Mountain West Conference records leading the Horned Frogs to two BCS bowls in his four years on campus.
Under Dalton, the Frogs scored in all but two quarters of the entire 2010 season.
He is expected to compete for the starting job with Jordan Palmer (Carson's younger brother) and recent signee Bruce Gradkowski.
His teammate for four years at TCU, wide receiver Bart Johnson, also signed with the Bengals.
Pegasus News Content partner - TCU 360
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun
- Cane Rosso in Fort Worth is finally open
- Stop me if you've heard this one: A car dealership is opening a wine bar