Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Ultimate Best winners: Rainbow Lounge and JR’s Bar & Grill are best gay/lesbian bars in Dallas-Fort Worth
Winning percentage of vote: 20% for each bar
Why: Well folks, this one's a tie. First up, Rainbow Lounge in Fort Worth: Rainbow Lounge was raided in 2009, and a patron was seriously injured. The gay community rallied around the beloved bar, and the police and TEA officers were largely embarrassed by the incident. Today, the relationship has been mended and the bar is still just as loved. But gathering just as many votes was JR’s Bar & Grill in Dallas: It's been around since 1980, and man, this place is fun. It's rare to have a tie in our Ultimate Best contest, but we'll chalk this one up to convenience: Whether you're in Dallas or Fort Worth, there's a great gay bar nearby.
See all the Ultimate Best winners by clicking here.
Posted by Sarah
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Missing dog whose owners were offering $2,000 reward has been found
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear