Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Ultimate Best winner: The Loon is best dive bar in Dallas-Fort Worth
We wholeheartedly agree.
Winning percentage of vote: 46%
Why: In a city full of clubs and pretty people, The Loon is a gem in Uptown Dallas. The Loon is known for having the strongest mixed drinks in town, and we can testify that they're knock-you-on-your-bottom strong. They also serve beer in a can, and though you can't smoke inside The Loon anymore, it still has a stale tobacco smell that somehow makes it all the more endearing. If you're the least bit claustrophobic, don't go to The Loon on a weekend after 10 p.m. The Loon also won best place for a cocktail.
See all the Ultimate Best winners by clicking here.
Posted by Sarah
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger