Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Ultimate Best winner: The Loon is best dive bar in Dallas-Fort Worth
We wholeheartedly agree.
Winning percentage of vote: 46%
Why: In a city full of clubs and pretty people, The Loon is a gem in Uptown Dallas. The Loon is known for having the strongest mixed drinks in town, and we can testify that they're knock-you-on-your-bottom strong. They also serve beer in a can, and though you can't smoke inside The Loon anymore, it still has a stale tobacco smell that somehow makes it all the more endearing. If you're the least bit claustrophobic, don't go to The Loon on a weekend after 10 p.m. The Loon also won best place for a cocktail.
See all the Ultimate Best winners by clicking here.
Posted by Sarah
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas