Thursday, June 2, 2011 , Updated 4:00 p.m., June 7, 2011
Jack Ingram, Kelly Clarkson will sing national anthem in NBA Finals Games 3, 4
After Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers didn't do such a stellar job singing Game 1 in Miami, inquiring minds in Dallas wanted to know who the Mavs would bring in to sing "The Star Spangled Banner" when the team returns home to the American Airlines Center.
The Mavericks are still working on details for Game 5's national anthem singer.
Ingram is a country artist who went to Southern Methodist University in Dallas. He has had several Top 40 hits, including "Barefoot and Crazy." He released the album Big Dreams & High Hopes in 2009 and has recently been releasing weekly YouTube videos.
Clarkson is a pop singer who got her start on American Idol, winning the show's very first season. She was born in Fort Worth, grew up in Burleson, and currently lives in North Texas. She's working on her fifth album.
The Dallas Mavericks play the Miami Heat in Game 2 Thursday in Miami and then return to Dallas for Games 3, 4, and 5. See the full schedule of NBA Finals games here.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day