Wednesday, June 15, 2011 , Updated 1:59 p.m., June 15, 2011
UPDATED: Quick facts: How to travel to Dallas Mavericks victory parade
Keep this list handy while you're stuck in traffic.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS We've now hit information overload when it comes to details on the Dallas Mavericks victory parade on Thursday morning. For those who can't attend, FOX Sports Southwest will broadcast the parade.
Here's a quick shot of everything you need to know if you're showing up in Downtown Dallas on Thursday.
- The parade is from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. See the parade route on the right.
- Streets will start closing from 8-8:30 a.m. in downtown Dallas.
- It's suggested that you show up very early in order to get a spot.
- You can line up at 7 a.m. (but we'd suggest going sooner).
- Don't camp out the night before.
- Wear light-colored, lightweight clothing and drink a lot of water.
Who will be there:
- 250,000 fans
- Mark Cuban, founding owner Don Carter, Head Coach Rick Carlisle, and the players and their families. (But will we see Cuban holding the trophy like this?)
- Budweiser Clydesdales
If you are driving to the parade:
- Parking will likely not be free; bring cash.
- Most streets near the parade will be closed at 8:30 a.m. See the full list here.
- Lots of other streets in downtown Dallas will also be affected. See the full list here.
- Be patient.
If you are taking public transportation:
- The DART rail will have special hours from 6-9 a.m.; trains come every 15 minutes. UPDATE: A $4 local day pass will work for DART rail and buses.
- If you're taking the green line, there will be extra trains.
- The parking lots at the Parker Road, Bush Turnpike, and Downtown Garland stations may be full. Try the Arapaho Center Station if Parker Road and Bush are full; or Forest/Jupiter or LBJ/Skillman if Downtown Garland is full.
- The TRE will have many rides that arrive at Union Station between 6:38 and 9:26 a.m. UPDATE: A $10 regional day pass is required if your first boarding is between Fort Worth T&P Station and Hurst/Bell Station. A $7 system day pass is required if boarding is between CentrePort/DFW Airport Station and Union Station.
- To get off at the parade, take the Akard, West End, Union, or Convention Center exits.
- A party in Victory Plaza will hold 3,000 fans against the American Airlines Center and about 10,000 total, including those standing in the street. Everyone else will have to find somewhere else to party.
- Season ticketholders can enter the AAC for a free party.
Other fun details:
- Cuban is paying for the parade. It will cost $500,000 to $1 million.
- The Mavs' time in the finals has brought $15 to $16 million to Dallas.
- UPDATE: A few lucky folks scheduled for municipal court get off easy: All municipal court appearances were canceled for Thursday.
We'll have minute-by-minute coverage of the parade, with photos included. Check PegasusNews.com for all the details.
- UPDATEDx2 with video: Watch the Dallas Mavericks on David Letterman Wednesday night
- DART, TRE broke records on Dallas Mavericks parade day
- UPDATEDx2 with photos: Dallas citizens praised for safe Mavericks victory parade
- UPDATEDx5: Mavericks parade play-by-play: For those watching at home
- Pegasus Picks: June 16-19
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day