Thursday, June 16, 2011 , Updated 4:38 p.m., June 16, 2011
UPDATEDx5: Mavericks parade play-by-play: For those watching at home
Join us as we give up-to-the-minute details.
DALLAS The Dallas Mavericks' victory parade is estimated to bring 250,000 people to downtown Dallas Thursday morning. The DART and TRE have already been packed full of fans, and some have even been turned away.
Stay with us while we take you through the day with reports from the field. You can also watch the parade on Fox Sports Southwest.
6:36 a.m.: The TRE is so full, they've had to reject some passengers at the South Irving stop. The conductor warned that the train was too full last go-round.
6:41 a.m.: At the corner of Griffin and Young, crowds start to form:
6:45 a.m.: Victory Plaza reached capacity and is no longer allowing anyone in, according to police nearby.
7 a.m.: Dallas mayor Dwaine Caraway stopped by the press pit. The cameraman interviewing him was rooting for the wrong team.
7:35 a.m.: Crowds near Young and Griffin chant, "We've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit, how 'bout you?" across the intersection.
7:57 a.m.: Event security is yelling for bystanders to stop opening the barricades for crowds wanting to come in at Olive and Victory Avenue. Crowds, still, are in great spirits.
8:10 a.m.: The streets at Griffin and Young are officially closed.
8:32 a.m.: Eric Garcia is sporting some serious Mavs pride:
8:48 a.m.: One woman broke into the barricade.
8:59 a.m.: A news helicopter hovers over the parade starting line. More will soon join in.
10 a.m.: The inside of the American Airlines Center -- where a private, season ticket holder party will be taking place in a few hours -- is not crowded. Police say 19,000 are expected inside, but there are only about 5,000 inside now:
10:12 a.m.: And the parade begins!
10:20 a.m.: The Dallas City Council's float comes floating by:
10:27 a.m.: J.J. Barea and Shawn Marion come by:
10:30 a.m.: Dirk Nowitzki waves to fans.
10:34 a.m.: With that, the parade is over near Young and Griffin streets. The crowds head back home:
Mark Cuban was of course the lucky Maverick who got to hold the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy during the victory parade.
Alexandra Olivia, Brenna Rushing, and Linda McKinney contributed to this report.
- Best bets for New Year's Eve in Dallas-Fort Worth
- UPDATED: Homeless people should be allowed in Main Street Garden in Dallas
- UPDATEDx2 with video: Watch the Dallas Mavericks on David Letterman Wednesday night
- DART, TRE broke records on Dallas Mavericks parade day
- Photos: Behind-the-scenes with Dallas Mavericks before and after the parade
- Tour historic Mesquite with four-legged friends at city's Bark in Park
- Mesquite Rodeo GM says infamous "Obama clown" could appear during closing weekend
- Mesquite police investigating 18-year-old who died in jail
- Mesquite tackles child hunger crisis with Lunch Buddies program
- Photos: Texans show off head tattoos, full back ink at Mesquite tattoo convention