Sunday, June 19, 2011
Betsy Price elected mayor of Fort Worth
Also in a runoff, Dennis Shingleton won the District 7 seat against opponent Jon Perry.
Betsy Price has been elected mayor of Fort Worth, garnering 56% of the votes in the runoff election, according to the city. She was victorious against contender Jim Lane, who received 44% of the votes. Price won by 4,222 votes.
She will be sworn in at 7 p.m. July 12.
Also in a runoff, Dennis Shingleton won the District 7 seat against opponent Jon Perry. Shingleton received 62% of the votes.
Only 11% of registered voters in Tarrant and Denton counties voted, according to a city press release.
Posted by Sarah
See more stories in:
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, "we will reopen stronger"