Sunday, June 19, 2011
Betsy Price elected mayor of Fort Worth
Also in a runoff, Dennis Shingleton won the District 7 seat against opponent Jon Perry.
Betsy Price has been elected mayor of Fort Worth, garnering 56% of the votes in the runoff election, according to the city. She was victorious against contender Jim Lane, who received 44% of the votes. Price won by 4,222 votes.
She will be sworn in at 7 p.m. July 12.
Also in a runoff, Dennis Shingleton won the District 7 seat against opponent Jon Perry. Shingleton received 62% of the votes.
Only 11% of registered voters in Tarrant and Denton counties voted, according to a city press release.
Posted by Sarah
See more stories in:
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun