Thursday, June 23, 2011 , Updated 5:38 p.m., June 23, 2011
Mavericks victory parade cost only $350,000
Leave it to Mark Cuban to come in under budget.
DALLAS City officials were very proud the afternoon following the Mavericks victory parade in downtown Dallas -- proud because only three people were arrested and because the group of 200,000 fans were largely very well-behaved.
Now, the city and Mark Cuban can be even prouder: The event cost just $340,947, according to a city memo sent Thursday afternoon. (That's barely three times what Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban paid the night of the championship win when he spent $110,000 at club LIV!) The parade cost comes in nicely under the $500,000 to $1 million estimate given prior to the parade. Cuban has agreed to pay the balance in full, reports First Assistant City Manager Ryan S. Evans.
By comparison, the Lakers' championship parade cost $1.5 million in 2010 and $1 million in 2009.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas