Thursday, March 3, 2011 , Updated 5:07 p.m., March 3, 2011
UPDATED: New outdoor gallery at Trammel Crow Center is coming to Dallas’ Arts District
The gallery will be an outdoor extension of the Crow Collection of Asian Art.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS The Crow Collection of Asian Art will soon have a patio, of sorts: The Crow Asian Sculpture Garden will be an outdoor gallery at the Trammell Crow Center that will feature traditional Japanese landscaping and new Asian art.
More plans will be announced in early spring. UPDATE: The entire project will be completed in late 2011 or early 2012.
“I have always considered the Crow Collection a museum without walls," says Trammel Crow, president of the Crow Family Foundation, in a statement. "In Asia, art and the environment coexist naturally. This garden will be a place Dallas Arts District visitors to find art and Asia in unexpected places."
A press release states that the Crow Collection’s European sculpture pieces -- such as Bourdelle’s Horse for Alvear Monument and Rodin’s Meditation, now on display in the Trammell Crow Center -- will be re-installed at the Old Parkland campus.
Source: Crow Collection
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: