Thursday, March 3, 2011 , Updated 5:07 p.m., March 3, 2011
UPDATED: New outdoor gallery at Trammel Crow Center is coming to Dallas’ Arts District
The gallery will be an outdoor extension of the Crow Collection of Asian Art.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS The Crow Collection of Asian Art will soon have a patio, of sorts: The Crow Asian Sculpture Garden will be an outdoor gallery at the Trammell Crow Center that will feature traditional Japanese landscaping and new Asian art.
More plans will be announced in early spring. UPDATE: The entire project will be completed in late 2011 or early 2012.
“I have always considered the Crow Collection a museum without walls," says Trammel Crow, president of the Crow Family Foundation, in a statement. "In Asia, art and the environment coexist naturally. This garden will be a place Dallas Arts District visitors to find art and Asia in unexpected places."
A press release states that the Crow Collection’s European sculpture pieces -- such as Bourdelle’s Horse for Alvear Monument and Rodin’s Meditation, now on display in the Trammell Crow Center -- will be re-installed at the Old Parkland campus.
Source: Crow Collection
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger