Friday, March 4, 2011
Reward being offered in Arlington pastor’s death
Funeral arrangements are still being planned at this hour.
Arlington police are still searching for a suspect in the murder of a pastor and the brutal attack on his assistant. Oak Farms Dairy is now offering a $10,000 reward for information on the murder.
Arlington police believe robbery is the motive in the murder of Pastor Clinton Dobson. He was found dead inside the NorthPointe Baptist Church on Thursday. His church assistant, Judy Elliot was found with critical injuries.
Investigators say items are missing from the church, but won’t give any details. They believe the suspect took off in Elliot’s vehicle.
Oak Farms Dairy will pay $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for the attacks.
NorthPointe is satellite church of First Baptist Church in Arlington. A picture of Pastor Dobson remains on the website today. When asked what he liked the most about his job, he said, “The opportunities to be around great people.”
See more stories in:
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice
- George Strait will announce 2014 tour plans at AT&T Stadium September 9