Sunday, March 6, 2011
Photo gallery: 2nd annual Dash for the Beads in Oak Cliff’s Bishop Arts District (March 5)
Lots of enthusiastic participants in colorful costumes turned out for this funtabulous event.
This year’s Dash for the Beads was grand -- and chilly! People of all ages, and some four legged friends, met on Bishop Street in the Bishop Arts district of Oak Cliff to participate. With more than 600 registered runners and close to 1,000 participants, the cold 40+ degree weather could not keep them away.
Runners were encouraged to dress up in celebration of Mardi Gras for the costume contest. This year’s the event was judged by Sheriff Lupe Valdez, ABC News Jonathan Betz, and Fox’s Peter Daut, who also emceed. Awards were given to participants for first, second, and third place in different age categories, as well as for those who decided to dress up. This year’s fastest overall went to Mike Hummel, who was also dressed as a banana, representing Urban Acres.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Dallas Wind Symphony performs the music of Downton Abbey