Monday, March 7, 2011
Photo gallery: OCarnivale Masquerade Ball at Dallas’ Kessler Theater (March 5)
Merriment, music, and masks: a match made in Mardi Gras heaven.
This year’s OCarnivale Masquerade Ball was held at the Kessler Theater, and what a perfect venue. People went all out in tuxedos, 1500’s costumes, and masks galore. Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers headlined, with Zydeco Blanco opening the night on the dance floor.
The party when on until the a.m., thanks to Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers playing until the crowd was content. Oak Cliff continues their weekend Mardi Gras Celebration on Sunday with their ever-more-popular Mardi Gras Parade and crawfish boil.
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Photos: Dallas' first taco and beer festival was a delicious addition
- Review: Untapped Festival brews a near-perfect day of indie beer and music