Monday, March 7, 2011
Photo gallery: OCarnivale Masquerade Ball at Dallas’ Kessler Theater (March 5)
Merriment, music, and masks: a match made in Mardi Gras heaven.
This year’s OCarnivale Masquerade Ball was held at the Kessler Theater, and what a perfect venue. People went all out in tuxedos, 1500’s costumes, and masks galore. Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers headlined, with Zydeco Blanco opening the night on the dance floor.
The party when on until the a.m., thanks to Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers playing until the crowd was content. Oak Cliff continues their weekend Mardi Gras Celebration on Sunday with their ever-more-popular Mardi Gras Parade and crawfish boil.
- Bite City Grill expected to open in Fort Worth's West Seventh district this month
- See new Toadies documentary Monday at the Kessler
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Review: Kessler Cookie Company will keep you coming back for more
- Bruce Springsteen will play massive, free show in Dallas on Final Four weekend