Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Most unsafe place in America for auto theft is on West Commerce Street in Dallas
Hope you're not headed to the Dallas County criminal courts anytime soon.
DALLAS CBS reported this week that West Commerce Street in Dallas is the worst location in the entire U.S. for auto theft. Drivers have a one in four chance of getting their car stolen. One in four!
Other stats from W. Commerce Street show:
There are 113 crimes per 1,000 residents, only 5% safer than other neighborhoods in the U.S.
You've got a 1 in 82 chance of being victim to a violent crime. Chances are 1 in 112 for Dallas and 1 in 197 for the state.
Even higher, you've got a 1 in 10 chance of being victim to a property crime. Chances are 1 in 16 for Dallas and 1 in 25 for Texas.
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million