Thursday, March 17, 2011
Fort Worth art shop donates 50% of sales to injured Oklahoma police officer
The police officer was paralyzed while trying to break up a bar fight.
FORT WORTH The Dallas Police Department is supporting an Oklahoma City police officer who was recently paralyzed. They ask art enthusiasts to purchase fine art from a Fort Worth shop called Box Five Police Art, and 50% of the proceeds will go to a fundraising effort for Oklahoma City Officer Chad Peery. The donation is good now through April 10.
Box Five Police Art makes "personalized police artwork" for police departments around the U.S.
Here's more about Peery, from the art company's website:
- $4,000 reward offered to help find person who poisoned two Boxers in Fort Worth
- Theater review: Raft of the Medusa at Fihankra Dance & Fitness Studio in Dallas
- Fort Worth's Vintage Flying Museum hosts B-29 Superfortress "Fifi"
- Interstate 35 will expand from downtown Fort Worth north to U.S. 287
- Goodwill opens 19,000 square foot facility in Saginaw on Friday