Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Sfuzzi restaurant expanding to Irving in June
Uptown restaurant to get new sibling near the Irving Convention Center.
Colombo says he's hoping for a June opening date.
"It's a fabulous site from a demographic perspective -- it'll have tremendous growth with the new Irving Convention Center and Concert Hall, and there's not a lot of competition in the area for upscale Italian," Colombo says.
The Irving branch won't have quite the same glitzy nightlife component as the Uptown branch.
"It'll be a different model from Uptown in terms of strong during lunch, and more corporate involvement," he says. "There'll be a lot of similarities in the decor but it has a lot bigger space and it'll also have some unique elements, including more private dining rooms for corporate events."
Colombo is high on Sfuzzi's new corporate chef, Michael Weinstein, formerly of Al Biernat's.
"He's a real find for us and has done so far an extraordinary job of adding creativity -- working on food trucks and a whole bunch of fun things," Colombo says. "Al's loss is our gain."
- Theater review: Bold, young stars sparkle in ICT Mainstage's Last Night of Ballyhoo
- Photos: See the creative characters of Comic Con 2013
- With a star-studded lineup, Dallas Comic Con may not be just for geeks
- Theater review: Fools fails to impress despite the quality of actors and designers
- Photos: Browse the wild and weird costumes at Irving's 2013 Sci-Fi Expo