Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Sfuzzi restaurant expanding to Irving in June
Uptown restaurant to get new sibling near the Irving Convention Center.
Colombo says he's hoping for a June opening date.
"It's a fabulous site from a demographic perspective -- it'll have tremendous growth with the new Irving Convention Center and Concert Hall, and there's not a lot of competition in the area for upscale Italian," Colombo says.
The Irving branch won't have quite the same glitzy nightlife component as the Uptown branch.
"It'll be a different model from Uptown in terms of strong during lunch, and more corporate involvement," he says. "There'll be a lot of similarities in the decor but it has a lot bigger space and it'll also have some unique elements, including more private dining rooms for corporate events."
Colombo is high on Sfuzzi's new corporate chef, Michael Weinstein, formerly of Al Biernat's.
"He's a real find for us and has done so far an extraordinary job of adding creativity -- working on food trucks and a whole bunch of fun things," Colombo says. "Al's loss is our gain."
- Theater review: Dedicated actors elevated weak script in An Act of the Imagination
- Twin Peaks is building a brewery at its Irving location
- Flying nerds to battle at national flugtag competition in Las Colinas
- Restaurant review: FM Smokehouse's lean meat fails to impress
- Theater review: MainStage Irving puts on a reverberating Bells are Ringing