Monday, May 16, 2011
Yoshinoya Beef Bowl to open first Texas branch in Dallas
There are Yoshinoya Beef Bowls all over California.
DALLAS Yoshinoya Beef Bowl, an international quick-service Japanese restaurant chain with more than 1,400 locations, will open a branch in Dallas, on Preston Road just south of Belt Line.
The store is scheduled to open in mid-June, according to a spokesman; the company will open four more branches in the Dallas area in the next year.
Founded in Tokyo in 1899, Yoshinoya opened its first outlet in the United States in Los Angeles in 1979. They've since expanded with more than 100 branches in New York, Las Vegas, and Arizona. Dallas will be its first foray into Texas.
Yoshinoya specializes in rice bowls, including its signature Beef Bowl, plus a chicken bowl, grilled shrimp, vegetable bowl, and combo bowl with beef and chicken.
- Photos: Vintage aircraft wowed families at Cavanaugh Flight Museum's Fall Fly Days
- Casting call: GSN's American Bible Challenge seeks holy braniacs
- Theater review: WTT's Red Hot Patriot sizzles with wit and wisdom
- Eat your way through Addison Oktoberfest 2013 with this food guide
- Polka Dot Bakery in Addison offers sweets, lunch, and wine