Monday, May 23, 2011
Military and families offered free entrance to some North Texas museums this summer
It starts Memorial Day weekend.
This summer, more than a dozen museums in North Texas will offer free admittance to active duty military members and their families. The nationwide program is called Blue Star Museums and runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Here's a list of the North Texas museums participating:
- Dallas Heritage Village
- Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance
- Dallas Museum of Art
- Frontiers of Flight Museum
- Meadows Museum
- Museum of the American Railroad
- Nasher Sculpture Center
- Old Red Museum of Dallas County History and Culture
- The Women's Museum: An Institute for the Future
- American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Kimbell Art Museum
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum
- Veterans Memorial Air Park
- Arlington Historical Society
To see if your family is eligible for free admittance into a museum, click here.