Tuesday, May 31, 2011 , Updated 12:50 p.m., June 1, 2011
UPDATEDx3: Where to watch Game 2 of the NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat
Wrong answer: the couch.
NBA Finals WATCH PARTY! BEAT THE HEAT!
The American Airlines Center is opening its doors for free for Games 1 and 2. Though there's no entrance fee, you'll have to pay to park. You will also probably want to stock up on concessions, which aren't free. But it's sure going to be less expensive than flying to Miami for the game. And, you'll be surrounded by some of the most fanatical of Mavs fans.
If you're not making the trip to the AAC, your Mavs game destination likely depends on where you live. According to our Ultimate Best contest, there are a lot of beloved sports bars in the DFW area. A few favorites are:
- The Pour House in Fort Worth
- BoomerJack's in Fort Worth, Bedford, Arlington, or Murphy
- Lakewood’s 1st & 10 in Dallas
- Frankie’s Sports Bar and Grill in Uptown, Lewisville, or Fort Worth
Still not sold? Here's a list of all the bars in North Texas, or to narrow it down, a list of all the bars in North Texas that have the word "sports" in their title. If you're interested in getting an early start, check out our handy, dandy happy hour map.
UPDATE: The Mavericks management team is getting fans revved up with two videos posted to their YouTube channel today. Here's one:
Mav-rifornia LOVE! Let’s go MAVS in the NBA FINALS!
UPDATE x2: Because we know rumors are flying, ESPN says that Dirk Nowitzki is not engaged, despite the fact that some media sources reported it to be true.
See you at the bar.
- Country artists Casey Donahew and Randy Rogers to headline Lewisville Western Days
- Tamale eating competition returns to Lewisville's Western Days festival
- Theater review: Solo actress Sherry Etzel shines through her Bad Dates
- Homegrown suds will flow from Lewisville when Cobra Brewing opens in October
- Theater review: Ohlook's Fiddler on the Roof teeters between good and bad