Tuesday, November 1, 2011 , Updated 2:28 a.m., January 23, 2012
UPDATED: Hypnotic Donuts to open its own storefront on Garland Road January 29
It's an "extreme" doughnut shop.
Hypnotic Donuts has announced that it will open its own storefront in East Dallas in January 2012 at 9007 Garland Road.
An "extreme" doughnut shop in the mold of Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland, Ore., Hypnotic has been sharing space with The Pizza Guy Restaurant in North Dallas, opening on weekend mornings only. At the new storefront, they'll be open seven days a week.
Owner James St. Peter said they chose to open in east Dallas close to White Rock Lake "because of the friendly neighborhood vibe and the enthusiasm residents have for local business."
There'll be a donut and coffee bar, sofas and living room chairs. "Expect to see reclaimed furniture and décor from local vintage, resale, thrift, and charity stores," says the release, plus a mural of well-known hippies throughout history giving customers the joy of sharing a Hypnotic experience with their favorite hippies.
Coffee will be supplied by Oak Cliff Coffee Roasters and brewed via French press.
Hypnotic Donuts will continue operating out of The Pizza Guy until the end of November. Updated store progress can be tracked via their Facebook and Twitter pages.
Signature doughnuts include the Hypnotic, a chocolate cake donut covered with Hypnotic frosting (chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter), topped with pretzels and peanut butter Cap’n Crunch, and drizzled with caramel and chocolate.
UPDATE: Hypnotic will open on Sunday, January 29.
- Photos: Happy-go-lucky crowd danced polka to Brave Combo tunes at Arboretum
- Australian Shepherd lost in Casa View Haven neighborhood in Dallas
- Travel Channel names the Dallas Arboretum one of America's top 12 botanical gardens
- Photos: Practically skip a stone on White Rock Lake from this mid-century modern's in-home spa
- Goat for the gold: Local 5K raises money for the Sudan with a humorous twist