Thursday, November 17, 2011
Morrissey got hair cut at Dallas barber shop, then took hair with him
Primping for Thursday night show at McFarlin Auditorium, perhaps.
DALLAS Reclusive, sensitive, feeeeeling performer Morrissey got his hair cut in Dallas on Thursday afternoon, then took the hairs that had been shorn with him.
The haircut was perhaps pre-show primping in anticipation of his performance at McFarlin Auditorium on Thursday. His barber of choice was a venerable greaser salon in Fair Park, whose proprietor posted an update on his Facebook page [since removed] that "Morrissey and the boyz dropped in for chops today!"
But then when pressed, the proprietor clammed up tight, citing Morrissey's request for "no pics and no knowledge to the public." However, a bystander at the shop testified that Morrissey scooped up his hair trimmings and took them to go -- destroying any opportunity that the hair salon might have had of selling the locks of the former Smiths front-man on ebay, one-by-one, like Jesus' shroud, to mopey fans. Morrissey has always had a healthy head of hair; they could've made a killing.
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu