Thursday, November 17, 2011
Morrissey got hair cut at Dallas barber shop, then took hair with him
Primping for Thursday night show at McFarlin Auditorium, perhaps.
DALLAS Reclusive, sensitive, feeeeeling performer Morrissey got his hair cut in Dallas on Thursday afternoon, then took the hairs that had been shorn with him.
The haircut was perhaps pre-show primping in anticipation of his performance at McFarlin Auditorium on Thursday. His barber of choice was a venerable greaser salon in Fair Park, whose proprietor posted an update on his Facebook page [since removed] that "Morrissey and the boyz dropped in for chops today!"
But then when pressed, the proprietor clammed up tight, citing Morrissey's request for "no pics and no knowledge to the public." However, a bystander at the shop testified that Morrissey scooped up his hair trimmings and took them to go -- destroying any opportunity that the hair salon might have had of selling the locks of the former Smiths front-man on ebay, one-by-one, like Jesus' shroud, to mopey fans. Morrissey has always had a healthy head of hair; they could've made a killing.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling