Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Plano teacher arrested for sexual assault
Addison Colby Green has been charged with sexual assault of a child, a second degree felony.
A 26-year-old Plano ISD teacher has been arrested for sexually assaulting a child after Richardson police received a call from the victim earlier this month.
Addison Colby Green is a teacher at Plano's Shepton High School, but Jonathan Wakefield of the Richardson Police Department said the victim was not a student at the school. The victim is only described as being a 16-year-old male.
Police were called on Nov. 5, shortly after the alleged assault occurred. Wakefield said he could not release how the two knew each other, since that could possibly lead to the identity of the child being revealed. He did say however that the two knew each other for about seven months at the time the alleged incident took place.
Plano ISD spokeswoman Leslie Range-Stanton confirmed that Green was a teacher with the district and said he has been placed on administrative pending the outcome of the investigation.
"There is no indication that any Plano ISD students are involved in this issue," Range-Stanton said. "The Plano Independent School District will work cooperatively with the Richardson Police Department as appropriate. The school district has no additional information to provide at this time as this situation involves an ongoing police investigation and a matter of personnel."
Green was arrested on Nov. 17 and taken to Plano City Jail, where he was released after posting a $50,000 bond. He has been charged with sexual assault of a child, a second degree felony.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Theater review: A Little Night Music captivates audiences with the subtly of human emotion
- Counselors who resigned from Plano middle school reached settlement
- Parents of Plano middle school students may petition district over abrupt resignation of three counselors
- Theatre review: PFamily Arts presents a rich On Golden Pond
- UPDATED: See resignation letters from three Plano middle school counselors who abruptly quit