Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Video: Princi Italia fills needs of its North Dallas neighborhood
Honest Italian cuisine, Colombo/Ascolese style.
You’ve had that feeling that you’re really gonna like a place (or a person) the minute you walk in the door, right? That’s how I felt about Princi Italia. Patrick Colombo’s new restaurant at Preston Road and Royal Lane is on hallowed ground for many who live in the upscale Dallas neighborhood. The very popular PoPoLo’s held sway at the intersection for many years. Well, there’s a new sheriff in town (or whatever the Italian equivalent would be). And, Patrick’s brought in the big guns with Executive Chef Kevin Ascolese (Mi Piaci, Salve!, Ferre).
Generally speaking, Kevin would rather be on the slopes in Colorado, but Patrick has encouraged him to take more vacations to get his downhill runs in, and stick around Dallas to run Princi Italia. I hope he decides to stay for long time. Kevin is one of the really good guys in the chef world. He also has some great ideas, and recipes, to share with us on the culinary plane. Judging from initial response to the casual, tasty fare at Princi Italia, and the booming business, Kevin might want to look for an indoor ski slope close to Dallas (if those still exist). He might be too busy to get back to the Rockies frequently.
Wining and Dining with Jim White - Princi Italia
Pegasus News Content partner - Savor Wine and Food
See more stories in:
- Howard Rachofsky’s original house in Dallas just hit the market
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- President of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it