Monday, November 28, 2011
Dallas Film Society names new president-CEO
Lee Papert has been a stalwart volunteer and contributing player to the arts community.
DALLAS The Dallas Film Society announced that it's hired a new president and chief executive officer: Lee Papert, who formerly served as director of marketing and development for the Trinity River and Dogwood Canyon Audubon centers.
Prior to that, he was executive director of the Arts District Friends, a marketing/membership organization charged with supporting and creating awareness of Dallas’ Arts District; and director of development for the Dallas Wind Symphony.
He's a past board member of the Dallas Architecture Foundation/Dallas Center for Architecture, the Leadership Dallas Alumni Association, and the advisory boards of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra and Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts. He was also: president of the Shakespeare Dallas board of directors, and a member of the St. Mark’s School of Texas Alumni Board. Also-also, Papert is a graduate of the Dallas Chamber’s Leadership Dallas program and the Business Council for the Arts’ Leadership Arts program.
He replaces Tanya Foster, who he credits with doing "an incredible job in continuing to raise the profile and membership base of the Dallas Film Society."
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup