Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Video: Rockwall Council tables animal shelter euthanasia protocol for 60 days
Animal health issues are at stake.
The Rockwall City Council decided Monday night to table their discussion for 60 days before determining a euthanasia protocol for dogs and cats in the Rockwall Animal Shelter in order to explore the many issues which exist after the shelter was recently shut down due to an animal health problem.
Rockwall Pets volunteer and animal advocate Mike Kitkoski explains why it was shut down and states taking 60 days to explore the situation before making any final decisions is probably a good idea.
The council recently made news by approving making the Rockwall facility a “No-Kill” Shelter, meaning no more than 10% of animals will be euthanized.
Rockwall Council tables animal shelter euthanasia protocol
Pegasus News Content partner - TheRockwallNews.com
- Cheer local singer Amber Carrington during The Voice viewing party
- Score a year's worth of free burgers at Mooyah's newest Rockwall location
- Female inmate in Rockwall jail hanged herself
- Rockwall High School football coach Scott Smith resigns
- Rockwall police search for suspect in morning's Region's Bank robbery