Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Fernando’s Mexican to open in Travis Walk in November
In old Il Sole space.
The restaurant hopes to be open by November 1, Hernandez said.
"In addition to the one by Midway, Fernando's had another restaurant but it closed down, and [Fernando] has always had an eye to open a second branch," Hernandez said. "We're happy to open in Travis Walk, and are very excited about the patio."
Fernando's is noted for serving three salsas with its chips: red, green (cilantro lime), and avocado cream. The place gets packed at lunch and has a busy-busy weekend brunch. The menu will be the same at both branches -- "It'll be a twin brother, and we'll have a full bar," Hernandez said.
Trivia note: This goes in above Villa-O, which used to be a Mario's Chiquita. Which also did upscale Tex-Mex, see.
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Dude. Granada books Big Lebowski's Jeff Bridges for concert in April
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open