Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Fernando’s Mexican to open in Travis Walk in November
In old Il Sole space.
The restaurant hopes to be open by November 1, Hernandez said.
"In addition to the one by Midway, Fernando's had another restaurant but it closed down, and [Fernando] has always had an eye to open a second branch," Hernandez said. "We're happy to open in Travis Walk, and are very excited about the patio."
Fernando's is noted for serving three salsas with its chips: red, green (cilantro lime), and avocado cream. The place gets packed at lunch and has a busy-busy weekend brunch. The menu will be the same at both branches -- "It'll be a twin brother, and we'll have a full bar," Hernandez said.
Trivia note: This goes in above Villa-O, which used to be a Mario's Chiquita. Which also did upscale Tex-Mex, see.
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to