Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Hayley Orrantia advances again on The X Factor
Orrantia was brought back to form a group after being eliminated as a solo singer.
Highland Village resident Hayley Orrantia, 17, made it through another round of eliminations during Tuesday night's episode of The X Factor.
Orrantia is one of four members of the group Lakoda Rayne, which advanced to the next round. In Tuesday's episode, the eight groups were trimmed down to four.
Lakoda Rayne, which also includes Cari Fletcher, Dani Knights, and Paige Ogle, performed "Born This Way" in Thursday's episode.
Orrantia was one of several singers who were originally eliminated during the "boot camp" round of the show but were brought back to form a group.
At the end of the season, the winning act will receive a $5 million recording contract.
The season resumes Tuesday on FOX when the four groups, plus the remaining competitors of the other categories -- boys, girls and over 30s -- perform live.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Former CEO of SEGA opens new arcade-style restaurant Bar Fun Dining
- Soon, Highland Village can spend its whole paycheck at two-story Whole Foods store
- Flower Mound student will be memorialized with balloon release on January 5
- Marcus High School student dies from flu, staph infection
- Marcus High School marching band claims fourth state title